The Information We Collect
Personal Information. When you use and navigate the Service, we may collect information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as your name, address, email address, mobile telephone number, date of birth, account username and password, and IP address (collectively, “Personal Information”).
Usage Information. When you use and navigate the Service, we may collect additional information from you that may not by itself reasonably identify you as the source (collectively, “Usage Information”). Usage Information may include information regarding your mobile telephone, your computer, the type of internet browser you are using, the location from which you are visiting the Service, or the areas of the Service you visited and the actions you performed on the Service.
Response Information. When you respond to and interact with the Service, we will collect specific information from you that may not by itself reasonably identify you as the source (collectively, “Response Information”). Response Information may include information collected from your answers to any questions or polls that you have responded to, the sites from which the responses were submitted, the pages from which the responses were submitted, or other relevant data to your responses.
How We Collect Information
Directly from You. We collect Personal Information from you when you voluntarily provide Personal Information to us by, for example, completing various forms, creating user accounts on our Service, or using the Service to interact with polling mechanisms.
Through Your Use of the Service. We record Usage Information that your browser transmits when you visit our Service. We also collect Usage Information about how you access and interact with the Service through the use of automated tracking technology, such as “cookies” and “web beacons.” A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to a web browser, which enables our Service to remember and customize your subsequent visit. Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser to block the acceptance of cookies or to provide you with a warning prompt before you accept cookies from our Service. Please refer to your internet browser’s instructions to learn more about these functions. If you reject cookies, the functionality of the Service may be limited, and you may not be able to participate in several of the Service’ features. We also collect Response Information which are the specific answers provided for each question or series of questions. Additionally, we may use web beacons, which are single-pixel, electronic images embedded in the Service that allow us to gather information about your browsing activities on the Service.
How We Use and Disclose Information
We only process your Personal Information to the extent it is necessary for fulfilling the purposes below and otherwise where we can rely on a legal ground for such processing. Where required, we will ask you for your prior consent.
- Provision of the Service. The Service is a platform that allows users, both known and unknown, the opportunity to respond to questions, polls, surveys, and other general forms. We use and share the information we collect from you for the purposes described below. If you use our Service, we use your information to process and respond to future questions you might be asked, to provide this data to website publishers and ad networks for the purposes of advertising and targeting, to gain insights to the data through additional analysis and process which could be sold in aggregate for the purposes of market research and understanding.
- Improving our Services. We use your information to enhance our understanding of our users’ preferences and improve our Service accordingly.
- Disclosures to Service Providers. We share your information with third-party service providers that assist us with hosting and maintaining the Service, supporting our Service’s functionalities, facilitating e-commerce, marketing our services, and managing our daily business operations and delivery of the Service. We enter into contracts with these service providers that require them to protect your Personal Information.
- Compliance with Legal Obligations. We will share your information with public authorities, law enforcement, government officials, regulatory agencies, or other parties when we are required to do so by applicable law. We will also disclose your information to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or legal process. We may share your Personal Information if it relates to a matter of national security, a criminal investigation or alleged criminal activity, or for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of Pollseeker or the users of the Service.
- Protection of Individual’s Vital Interests. In emergency situations, we will use or share your information when doing so is necessary to protect an interest that is essential for an individual’s life.
- Other Legitimate Interests. We will use and disclose your information when necessary for Pollseeker’s legitimate interests, as long as such interests are not overridden by our users’ interests, rights, and freedoms with respect to their Personal Information.
Your Rights under the GDPR
If your Personal Information is subject to the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- To access the Personal Information we maintain about you
- To be provided with information about how we process your Personal Information
- To correct your Personal Information
- To have your Personal Information erased
- To object to or restrict how we process your Personal Information
- To request your Personal Information to be transferred to a third party
To exercise the above rights, please contact us at the information we provide below. We will consider and process your request within a reasonable period of time. Please be aware that under certain circumstances, the GDPR may limit your exercise of these rights.
If your Personal Information is subject to the GDPR, in order to perform the Services, Pollseeker may transfer your Personal Information to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) under the Privacy Shield (see below) or using appropriate safeguards when necessary.
If your Personal Information is subject to the GDPR, we will retain such Personal Information only as long as necessary to process your request, or other submission, perform relevant activities in connection with other contracts or agreements you hold with Pollseeker, and comply with applicable law.
Security of Personal Information
Unfortunately, no data transmitted over or accessible through the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we attempt to protect all Personal Information, we cannot ensure, warrant, or guarantee that Personal Information will be completely secure from misappropriation by hackers or from other nefarious or criminal activities, or in the event of a failure of computer hardware, software, or a telecommunications network. We will notify you in the event we become aware of a security breach involving your Personal Information (as defined by the applicable state and federal laws) stored by or for us. By disclosing your email address or mobile telephone number to us for any reason, you expressly consent to receive electronic notice from us in the event of such a security breach.
Online Advertising. We use third-party vendors, such as Google AdWords and Facebook, that provide you with targeted online advertising. This enables us to tailor our marketing and display advertisements that are relevant to you. These third-party vendors may plant cookies on your browser to identify you as a unique user when you visit our Service, enabling them to show you advertisements based on your past visits to our Service. Any advertising data that we obtain from such third-party vendors are limited to anonymous Usage Information. You may choose to prevent such third-party vendors from recognizing your visits to the Service by disabling cookies on your browser. To learn more about opting out of internet-based advertising, you may visit the websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance.
Accessing and Updating Information and Opting Out. If you would like to access, update, or modify your Personal Information or request us to delete your Personal Information, you may do so by contacting us at the contact information listed below. To do this an individual must have an account with Pollseeker that contains Personal Information. If no such Personal Information exists, then the user is considered unknown since no Personal Information has been collected from this user, and therefore cannot be reasonably connected to any one individual user. Further, if you would like to opt out of receiving marketing communications directly from us, you may do so by following any instructions included in the marketing communication or by contacting us at the contact information listed below. At any time, you may withdraw your consent to Pollseeker using, disclosing, or otherwise processing your Personal Information. You may withdraw your consent by emailing Pollseeker at email@example.com or, if applicable, following the instructions in our communication to you. Please note that your withdrawal of consent to process certain Personal Information about you (1) may limit our ability to deliver the Service to you, (2) does not affect the lawfulness of our processing activities based on your consent before its withdrawal, and (3) may not result in immediate modification, updating, or deletion of any Personal Information that may reside in back-up or disaster-recovery storage.
Your California Privacy Rights. California law provides that California residents have a right to request businesses to tell them how their Personal Information has been shared, if at all, with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
Do Not Track. Certain web browsers and other devices you may use to access the Service may permit you to indicate your preference that you do not wish to be “tracked” online. At this time, the Service does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Children Under 13. We do not market to and do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from or about a child under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or legal guardian. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from a child under 13 years of age, we will promptly take all reasonable measures to delete such information from our systems.
Third Party Links. The Service may contain links to websites not affiliated with Pollseeker. Your use of an external website or any informational content found on an external websites is subject to and governed by the terms and guidelines of those website(s). Pollseeker does not endorse or make any representations or warranties concerning, and will not in any way be liable for, any informational content, products, services, software, or other materials available on an external website, even if one or more pages of the external website are framed within a page of this Service. Pollseeker is not responsible for the privacy practices of any external website.